Are you going on a Vacation? Are you travelling on Business? Whether it’s your trip, your possessions, your luggage, or your heath, travel insurance – and the most important, the right kind of travel insurance has become an essential item to pack for a smart traveler. And if you don’t buy travel insurance – or the right kind – more than your trip could be ruined.
Your provincial website may recommend that Canadians purchase private travel insurance because there are certain traveler expenses are not covered under provincial health care plans. For example, an illness, disease, or condition that is present before the traveler leaves Canada might not be covered, or covering the room charge for hospitalization in another country.
In Canada, a person traveling from one province to another, there are provincial guidelines that governs medical treatment for an out of province traveler
In buying travel insurance is imperative that you understand the policy certificate of the insurer. The primary purpose of purchasing travelers insurance is to provide coverage for unforeseen illness or accident. Therefore an acute medical condition is one that requires signing and immediate treatment and cannot wait onto the travelers return to his residence in Canada.
Manulife Financial offers the following travel insurance options:
- Out of province/out of country travel insurance for Canadians
- Visitors to Canada travel insurance
- Student travel insurance
Travelling Canadians can choose from the following options:
- Single-Trip Plan: Provides coverage for one trip for the number of days purchased. No age limit but the you will have to answer medical questions if you are over the age of 55.
- Quick Trip Plan: Provides coverage for one trip of less than 18 days for those 55-74 years of age. There are no eligibility questions for this option.
- Multi-Trip Plan: Provides coverage for an unlimited number of trips during the policy year for the number of days purchased. Options of 4, 10, 18 and 30 day plans. No age limit.
- All-Inclusive Plan: Provides several benefits all in one plan. It covers Emergency Medical, Trip Cancellation & Interruption, Baggage Loss, Delay & Damage, Flight Accident and Travel Accident.
- Travel Canada Plan: Provides Emergency Medical Insurance if all travel is within Canada at 50% off the regular Single-Trip Emergency Medical Plan rates.
Trip Cancellation/Interruption Plan: May be purchased as part of an All-Inclusive Plan or separately. If purchasing separately, must be purchased within 8 days of booking your travel plans.
Emergency Medical Insurance for Visitors to Canada is ideal for:
- Visitors to Canada
- Canadians who are not eligible for benefits under a government insurance plan
- Persons who are in Canada on a work visa
- New immigrants who are awaiting government health insurance plan coverage
Student Travel Insurance offers:
- Up to $1 million for emergency medical and non-medical coverage for covered risks
- Available to Canadian students studying abroad or out of province and International students studying within Canada.